Project Size: 122sqm
Our clients here got onto us through Facebook which is nice for a change. We priced up this job a few months ago, got given the go ahead but had to wait a while for a few things to be sorted on our clients end with landscaping and a few other things.
With our dates locked in for a few months, we got around to starting perfectly on time (for a change), and didn’t take long before making a good dent in the work load ahead.
We began with our machine excavation and sub-grade of the areas, removing approximately 4m.cub of fill from the patio section, re-using that fill near the water tank to raise levels, then of course removing the grass and sub-grading the rest of the pathways adjoining.
Returning a few days later, we formed everything up, placed in all the steel and booked everything needed for a Saturday pour. On the Saturday we started off by chairing up all the steel, along with the typical other fittings such as Abel Flex and re-entry bars, then began letting the pump do it’s thing on the 50Lm push ahead of it.
This of course is a long push for exposed aggregate, so the going at first was relatively slow, but as we crept back and lines where taken off, the pump started getting in front and away we went with the screeding and finishing behind ourselves.
A few trowels and some raw sugar later (possibly a beer or two as well), the concrete was all ready for a wash off to reveal our nice, new Salt and Pepper Aggregate beneath.
Such an easy project this one, not only from having the right men on the job, but also a larger, flat(ish) block was nice to work on, along with fantastic clients and we were left wondering why every project can’t be the same.
We’re now straight on from this one on a dirty refurbishment project just around the corner where we’ve been pushing shit up hill for a week now, but that as well is all ready to finish off. It’s nice to have a run of work getting results, especially on good quality projects that myself and the boys can be proud of.