Location: Runaway Bay
Project Size: 140sqm
Our client here got in contact with me while I was away in Japan on holidays. Of course being the punching bag I am, I had my laptop with my and was able to receive emails. After our client patiently waiting for me to return, we priced this project, received the go ahead and away we went.
This is a beautiful waterfront home at Runaway Bay where the existing concrete had had spray on resurfacing done to it many years ago, but after time and lack of getting taken care or, had of course degraded to a point of no return. Our client here was getting this work done for their parents who were away on Holidays, an excellent gesture and left us with a time frame to complete…lets be honest…a fair bit of hard yakka followed by some finesse at the end.
I put in a good week here in preparation. A full grind back of the existing surface took place, back to bare concrete and all ready for the next phase. I then completed a full epoxy repair of the floor cracking, followed by priming and base coating of the surface, ready for spraying of the main coatings.
As always we’re trying to work with the existing house colours, but these colours are quite close to my heart. I absolutely love this spectrum, maybe it’s the bushy in me….or the big ugly Ogre dreaming of the sticks, but these browns and subtle tones from Fossil through to Riversand really get my juices flowing.
This house had a guttering and roof setup very close to our Graphite colour, the awnings of the roof were all in white, so these choices were very obvious to make them our border and taped line colours. We did switch it up a little though, I think the main walls of this house leaned more towards our Riversand colour, but, I discussed with the client that having fence walls and house walls either side that are rendered and looking like Riversand, that we would probably lose a little oomph in the wish/wash going from wall, to floor to wall. So we decided to go a bit darker on the main colour, using Fossil to create a little elegant contrast to the main walls, whilst allowing it to work with the heavy graphite border.
I think we nailed this one, the colours work perfectly throughout, the 600mm diamond pattern was pretty and ended well onto the border. A full acrylic seal saw us all complete on this project and another feather in our caps.
Thanks to our client as always for your business, I look forward to seeing you again when we tackle your Epoxy at your new house!