Project Size: 55sqm
We priced this project for our clients quite a few months ago. Our client here works out at the mines in WA, and of course being on / off shifts travelling away, we had to wait until both of our schedules aligned to complete the work.
Once we reached our starting date, we hit the site quickly with wheel barrows and a skip bin, removing the existing pavers and prepping the area with the typical steel and expansion requirements.
I must admit, we got a little caught out on this one. You see, it’s Winter at the moment, the job is completely under cover, and typically with those aspects, it is a two man job for something this size. However, the concrete decided it wasn’t playing ball and went off like a bat out of hell, blocking the pump at the end and hardly giving us time to even screed the concrete, then having to put a stamp into it.
Needless to say, it was a tough day for myself and my off sider, with both of us cursing the liquid grey while throwing back a few cold ones to forget the torture.
All that being said though, we managed to stay on top of it, ripping the calous from our hands and going like we were 20yo again. A lovely release applied with a good pattern, to return on another day for cleaning and sealing.
A few days later, I washed off the release agent, then gave it a good acid clean just to make sure to bit the surface just a little for the new sealer that was to come later on.
I returned today for a full acrylic seal of the concrete over two coats, which penetrated really well into the new colours and really made the Peppercorn colour w/ Burnt Brown Offset over a Flemish Impression really pop and stand out.
A lovely finish for a great client. I wish we had more stamped work. We really do enjoy this style of finishing. Public opinion on the Gold Coast seems to be low of stamped due to longevity of the product. If clients would just follow advice and re-seal their decorative concrete every 18th months, these 1st class finishes would last for years and years to come.
But alas….I’m just preaching to a deaf choir.
We also finished a nice little spray this week over at Pacific Pines, I’ll get something written up for that over the weekend as well.