Project Size: 124sqm
Our client for this project contacted us well in advance before hand over from their builder. They sought us out for the custom finishing we can provide, that not only comes with great customer service, but is a little different to everyone else in the design aspect of things.
After several meetings, we went through several different sets of pricing and approaches to what we can provide, then after blending everything together, decided upon putting in a standard “Uluru” aggregate for the driveway and side pathway, then pouring plain grey on the patio and front entrance way, that would then be custom resurfaced to add that little bit of pop to those areas.
We began work breaking everything down into sections as we do. We do this because smaller sections allow for a better quality of workmanship, per section. So on the first day of work, the concrete curbing was cut out and removed, all areas were sub-graded and roughly 10m.cub of fill was placed throughout to raise levels if needed, but also to supply a better base for the new concrete.
A nice easy day followed this to get the plain grey concrete poured on both the patio and the entrance way. A little fun fact on this day, for some reason, for the first time in 20+ years, I forgot to bring some of my main concreting tools……But these areas were to later be custom resurfaced, so all they needed to receive was what they got, a flat screed and back on with some kick boards to hand rub out the surface ready for spraying.
Next section to be completed was the side and front pathways, only a small section, but being all wheel barrow work, ended up taking a relatively long time to complete. If we were to add this section to the main driveway, we would have been biting off too much to maintain the quality of workmanship, so we cut things off here for the day, made allowance for dowel joints, to see us returning the following day to pour the main driveway.
From here, I returned to acid clean all the exposed as I do with all my exposed work as part of the package and at the same time acid cleaned the plain grey sections to prep them for their new surface coatings.
A full white base coat was applied to these areas, then a 600mm tile pattern taped on which was then surfaced with my custom design utilising Fossil, Truffle and Riversand, finally finishing everything off with two coats of High Grade HiBuild Acrylic Sealer.
A big thank you to our wonderful client on this project. It was a real pleasure working with you and I’m really glad you love our designs as well.